Peaceful Paths prides itself on providing top-quality confidential services to victims of domestic violence and seeks compassionate, capable professionals who are committed to the empowerment model to fill any open positions in the agency.
If you are seeking employment at Peaceful Paths, please see the job announcements below and follow the application instructions for any or all of the positions you qualify for. Peaceful Paths is an equal opportunity employer.
All successful job applicant’s employment eligibility will be verified through eVerify. Click here for current Internship Opportunities.
Supportive & Rural Housing Advocate (Full Time)
|Position reports directly to:||Economic Empowerment Coordinator and Director of Outreach Services|
|Positions reporting directly to this position:||Volunteers|
|Location:||Outreach Office and Rural Locations|
|Overtime eligibility status:||Overtime-eligible|
|Starting Salary range:||$31,200 – $33,000|
This is a full time hourly position (40 hours per week) for which a degree in social services or related area is preferred along with extensive work experience with survivors of domestic and intimate partner violence. Goal setting and case management understanding and practice a must. Knowledge of local services and resources are essential especially within the rural communities, in addition to a commitment to operating all services through feminist and empowerment models. Professional training or experience may be substituted for education at the discretion of the Executive Director.Qualifications and Skills:
This position requires movement about the outreach office and housing campus, sitting at a desk, using a computer, and presenting information to groups of participants and community partners throughout work hours. Physical requirements include but are not limited to ability to sit at a desk for up to 6 hours, driving personal vehicle to various appointments, driving agency vehicles for participant and/or employee transportation, and ability to walk around the campus property.
Principal Job Duties
- Provide individual case management meetings to housing program residents that will include but are not limited to the following actions: assist with identifying goals, needs & potential action strategies; provide family oriented service plans; provide advocacy and referrals relative to finding permanent housing.
- Build new and maintain existing partnerships with housing providers in the tri-county region, concentrating on the rural areas where housing is less accessible.
- Facilitate economic empowerment programming for participants in the rural communities collaborating with the EE Coordinator and Rural Advocate.
- Conduct assessment of housing needs for residents and outreach participants to determine gaps and develop a plan for meeting these needs.
- Coordinate services with shelter and outreach staff, including the contracted counselors, to address obstacles to permanent housing for identified participants and document their strategies for finding or maintaining safe housing.
- Maintain timely and accurate statistical entries, records and service documentation for all grant requirements.
Secondary Job Duties
- Participate in bi-weekly case review meetings.
- Collaborate with local Housing Coordinators at other agencies.
- Participate in the CoC Subcommittees for Housing and Coordinated Entry.
- Attend staff meetings, interagency meetings, and trainings as scheduled and needed. Keep current with mandatory training.
- Collaborate with other advocates in completing intakes, participating in walk-in rotation, and follow ups for Outreach clients. Perform dangerousness assessments as needed.
- Assist Executive Director, Director of Outreach and Economic Empowerment coordinator with the quarterly report and other duties as needed.
- Work cooperatively with the agencies in all counties to provide services.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Nandy Stuart, Director of Outreach Services by COB Friday, January 26th, 2018. Your cover letter and resume should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.