Peaceful Paths provides internships for students interested in gaining valuable experience. We have listed our upcoming for both undergraduate and graduate internship opportunities below.
Undergraduate Internship Opportunities
Social Media & Communications Intern
|Position Reports Directly To:||Director, Community Giving & Marketing|
|Primary Work Location:||Peaceful Paths Outreach Center|
|Pay Rate:||Non-Paid Internship|
|Hours:||15-20 Hours Per Week|
|Time Commitment:||4 to 6 month commitment|
Peaceful Paths is the certified domestic abuse network that serves survivors of domestic violence in Alachua, Bradford, and Union counties. Peaceful Paths provides a wide range of services including emergency shelter, transitional housing, crisis hotline, victim advocacy, children’s programming, education and training, counseling and support groups, community awareness and intervention, violence prevention programs, and batterer’s intervention programming. Peaceful Paths is a member of the Florida Coalition Against Domestic Violence (FCADV).
Peaceful Paths is seeking a dynamic, self-starter to assist with social media and communication efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience a variety of hands on learning while contributing to the delivery of our mission.
Principal Job Duties
- Assist in planning, writing and managing our quarterly newsletter
- Plan, interview, write and publish Monthly Donor Spotlight
- Draft news releases, media alerts and other stories as requested
- Design flyers, graphics, e-vites and other marketing materials needed to deliver mission
- Meet weekly with Director of Community Giving to coordinate Peaceful Paths’ social media calendar to
ensure proper coverage of fundraising programs, campaigns, issue awareness and events
- Research articles related to the battered women’s movement to be published to social media
- Track and report social media stats
- Update peacefulpaths.org as requested
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions and venues for marketing and communications
- Assist Director of Community Giving with donor cultivation and stewardship efforts including but not limited to sending handwritten thank you notes, writing thank you letters, planning of donor tours and donor thank you calls
Qualifications & Requirements
- Self-motivated, good organization skills, detail oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meeting deadlines.
- Completed or working toward a bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Communications, Public Relations, Creative Writing, or Social Media Management
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
- Effective communicator, both written and oral
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Canva, MailChimp, HootSuite, WordPress, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel is highly desired
- Knowledge of domestic violence and battered women’s movement is preferred. Successful applicant will be required to attend Peaceful Paths’ New Advocate Training.
Any interested applicants should email their resume to John Thomas, Director of Community Giving. Please send all resumes as attachments to email@example.com. This internship position will remain open until it is filled.
Graduate Internship Opportunities
No Graduate Internships Available