| About Us | Employment
Join our team of change makers!
Domestic Violence Child Welfare Advocate
Position reports directly to: Director of Outreach
Location: Outreach Office, Child Welfare Offices (Bradford/Union)
Starting Salary range: $31,000 - $32,500
Qualifications and Skills:
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Minimum of two years professional experience and previous work with domestic violence victims required. Ability to establish rapport with clients, work independently, work within the Child Welfare system, conduct training, and travel to outlying areas. Effective communication skills and commitment to the empowerment
model a must.
Principal Job Duties:
1. Respond to referrals form the Child Welfare system by participating in case collaborations where survivors are
involved in investigations.
2. Attend investigation calls and provide feedback.
3. Provide support and referral services for survivors in the Child Welfare system.
4. Consult in the development of safety plans and case plans that are survivor centered.
5. Within the constraints of confidentiality laws, advocate for clients and work with partner agencies to provide
services to referred clients.
6. Participate in regular meetings with system partners to develop and maintain protocols and practices.
7. Complete all required paperwork and maintain statistics on all clients in accurate, complete files and enter data
into agency database in a timely manner.
8. Assist in the training of Child Welfare staff.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to attention Elizabeth Gutierrez at
by March 15 2021.
Part Time Child and Youth Services Advocate
Position reports directly to: Director of Outreach and Education and Prevention Coordinator
Positions reporting directly to this position: Interns/Volunteers for Child & Youth Programs
Primary Work Location: Outreach Office/Shelter
Starting salary range: $13.00/hr
Status: Part Time (20-25 hours)
Qualifications and Skills:
Professional job experience or relevant education is required. Responsible and reliable, energetic, and enjoy working with children. Advocate should also be familiar with empowerment/feminist philosophies and principles and be willing to utilize these during their work with children. An understanding of child development model and positive discipline strategies is preferred. Ability to work well with others is required. Prior experience with childcare as well as working with children is required. The person hired for this position must pass a background screening. Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record. CPR Certification required. This position requires weekend and evening hours.
This position requires movement about the outreach offices, sitting at a desk, using a computer, and presenting information to groups of children, clients and community partners throughout work hours. Physical requirements include ability to sit at a desk for up to 6 hours, driving the agency vans for client and employee transportation, and ability to move around the outreach office property and presentation sites.
Principal Job Duties
1. Co-facilitate and help plan age-appropriate empowerment activities for evening and weekend children’s support group and/or program activities.
2. Provide Childcare services at shelter and outreach for adult client support.
3. Identify children who may have been victims of physical, sexual, and/or emotional abuse as well as neglect, and report to the appropriate agencies in a timely manner.
4. Complete children’s risk assessments and other related documentation within the first 3 visits from the time the client has entered services.
5. Maintain accurate files (electronic and paper) for all appropriate participants.
6. Supervise children’s program intern’s/volunteers. This can include coordinating internship/volunteer schedule, facilitating check-in meetings and providing performance feedback.
7. Maintain safe and organized environment for all participants. This should include keeping a regular cleaning schedule for the children’s group room, teen group room, children’s play area, and storage areas.
Applicants should provide a resume and cover letter to Crystal Sorrow via email at by 5:00 on 3/15/21.