| About Us | Employment
Join our team of change makers!
Position Title: PT Outreach Front Desk Advocate and Receptionist
(Posted June 26, 2020)
Position reports directly to: Director of Outreach
Location: Outreach Office (Gainesville)
Beginning Pay: $13/hr
Part Time: 15-20 hrs weekly
Principal Job Duties:
1. Answer the main outreach telephone and door. Responsible for routing calls and greeting clients, guests, and donors during all regular office hours.
2. Open, sort and distribute mail and bring in and take out mail daily. Distribute incoming email faxes.
3. Prepare donation receipts for donors and distribute cash and check donations received to finance director and outreach director for processing.
4. Work with other outreach advocates to handle walk in clients, including completing basic client interviews and hotline calls as needed as well as appropriate use of database to record interactions.
5. Coordinate client donation needs with the staff and organize donations as they arrive.
6. Coordinate the ordering and organization of office supplies, manage the requests for maintenance, and complete weekly checks of the office for cleanliness, repairs, and supplies.
7. Coordinate with outreach volunteers for special projects. Respond to volunteer requests and direct them to appropriate staff.
Secondary Job Duties:
1. Attend staff meetings/trainings.
2. Responsible for collecting donated cell phones & prepare them for mailing.
3. Ordering of bricks and other donor materials.
4. Support outreach leadership team and staff with tasks as directed by the Director of Outreach and Executive Director.
Qualifications & Skills:
Minimum of two years experience in similar position is preferred. Must be able to field crisis calls,handle walk in traffic, and direct the public to appropriate services. Requires ability to multi task,complete basic office management, accept deliveries, coordinate office supply orders and organize materials.
This is a 15-20 hour position that requires good communication and organizational skills, excellent time management abilities and independent problem solving and self-motivation. Experience answering phones, managing front desk reception, computer skills, and ability to work as part of a team are a must.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Elizabeth Gutierrez, Director of Outreach by COB Friday, July 3. 2020. All submissions should go to: