Injunction Support

Injunction Support

| Get Help  |  Injunction Support

There's FREE legal assistance for your injunction. 

Peaceful Paths can help you with your Petition for an Injunction for Protection (Restraining Order). We have attorneys and advocates to assist you in completing the Petition and representing you at your hearing. 

It is extremely important to be represented at your court hearing. To contact the attorneys at the Injunction for Protection Project at Peaceful Paths (IFP Attorneys), please call 352-377-5690 ex 536. The IFP Attorneys can help before you file your Petition or after it has been filed.


To speak with a Peaceful Paths advocate please call:


Alachua County
352-374-3636 x 2609 or ask the Clerk for the Peaceful Paths advocate. The Peaceful Paths Injunction Office is on the 1st Floor of the civil (old) courthouse across from the civil filing window.


Bradford/Union County

You can contact the advocates at 325-318-4852 or 352-318-9654. We look forward to assisting you with your Petition and with any other services that would be of help to you during this difficult time.

Here is a list of legal services we provide: 

  • Injunction petition completion, filing, and revision;

  • Review denied injunctions and refile or file supplemental petitions;

  • Representation at final hearings and handle any ancillary issues regarding to temporary time-sharing and other issues;

  • Representation of victims as respondents;

  • Filing civil violations of injunctions and working collaborative with police and State Attorney’s Office for criminal contempt issues.

  • Represent survivors in Motion to Dismiss or Modify the Injunction

  • Legal advice for any legal issue a survivor presents;

  • Provide legal referrals for issues beyond the scope of the project;

  • Provide follow up after court proceedings.

Meet our Injunction Legal Team

  • Jennifer M. Titus
    Lead IFP Attorney

  • Brittani Melvin
    IFP Attorney 

  • Alex Bernier
    IFP Attorney

What is an injunction?

An injunction is a court order that can give you legal protection from the person who is abusing you. It may include:

  • Commands for the abuser to stay away from you and have no contact with you

  • Temporary exclusive use of the home you both share

  • Preventing the abuser from entering your home, school, or workplace

  • Temporary custody of your children under 18

  • Temporary financial support from your abuser for you and/or your children together

  • A requirement for the abuser to attend a batterer's intervention program


For the purposes of obtaining an injunction, Florida law protects victims of Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, Sexual Violence, and Stalking, and defines them as follows:

  • Domestic violence includes any assault, battery, sexual assault, sexual battery, stalking, kidnapping or other crime resulting in physical injury caused by a spouse, former spouse, person related by blood or marriage, another person with whom you are living together with as a family or have lived together as a family in the past, or a person with whom you have a child in common even if you never lived together.

  • Dating violence is violence between persons who have or have had a continuing and significant relationship of a romantic or intimate nature. The relationship must have existed within six months of when you ask the court for help.

  • Sexual violence includes any one incident of sexual battery, a lewd or lascivious act committed on or in the presence of a person under 16 years of age, luring or enticing a child, sexual performance of a child, or any other forcible felony where a sexual act is committed or attempted.

  • Stalking is the repeated following, harassment, or cyberstalking of one person by another person. Cyberstalking means to engage in a course of conduct to communicate, or to cause to be communicated, words, images, or language by or through the use of electronic mail or electronic communication, directed at a specific person, causing substantial emotional distress to that person and serving no legitimate purpose.

If you decide to seek an injunction for protection, our attorney will go to court and represent you for free. You also have the right to hire an attorney of your choice to represent you when filing an injunction, or you may file without the help of an attorney. You do not have to use an Injunction for Protection Project Attorney to obtain an injunction for protection.

Source: Florida Coalition Against Domestic violence legal department

Related Links